Thursday, March 5, 2015

Art Therapy ~ Why I Love It

As many as you know, some of the times it's really hard to put the way that you are feeling into words. Am I right? You know I am!

I have started art therapy as a was the express my feelings without having to sit, sometimes hours upon ends, to write one page of my feelings.



Right now, I'm only doing something called Scribble Therapy. In Scribble Therapy, you close your 
eyes, put your pen / pencil on the paper & scribble while counting, slowly, for a count of 30. 

When you open your eyes, mark where you started and finished. Now come the hard part. 

Sit back, relax & look at your pictures. When you see something meaningful, either color it or outline it with crayons or colored pencils.  


My Art Therapy journal also has a double sided pocket page so I can store the ones that I have drawn in the past. 


How awesome is that?!?

Mine came from CVS, but I'm sure you can find this one, or one similar pretty much anywhere. 

Next on my wish list is charcoals. 
Anyone want to buy me some?

Short your favorite form of self therapy in the comments!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment